Lesson 2: Make
- Step 1Presentation
- Step 2Directions
- Step 3Rock Column Demonstration
- Step 4Mystery Word Practice
- Step 5Fossil Sequencing
In The Make, students will:
In The Make, students will complete three activities to construct an explanation, based on evidence from rock strata, for how the geologic time scale is used to organize Earth’s history.
- Observe a demonstration of rock layers to discover the Law of Superposition.
- Conduct a mystery word sequencing activity to apply the Law of Superposition.
- Apply their knowledge of the Law of Superposition to sequence fossil cards in a rock column, and construct an explanation for how the column can show the progression of life on Earth
Time Required: 140 minutes