Lesson 3: Engineer
- Step 1Presentation
- Step 2Your challenge
- Step 3Part 1: Graphs
- Step 4Part 2: Your Footprint
- Step 5Part 3: Plan Your Solution
- Step 6Create Your Solution
In The Engineer, students will:
Evaluate greenhouse gas emission data, calculate their individual carbon footprint, then design a solution to decrease the carbon footprint from a source.
- MS-ESS3-3: Apply scientific principles to design a method for monitoring and minimizing a human impact on the environment.
- MS-ESS3-4: Construct an argument supported by evidence for how increases in human population and per-capita consumption of natural resources impact Earth's systems.
- MS-ESS3-5: Ask questions to clarify evidence of the factors that have caused the rise in global temperatures over the past
Time Required: 150 minutes